The Panasonic Arc 5 ES-LV81-K Shaver is the latest top-of-the range model from Panasonic using 5 blades for an unbelievably close shave. It is a step up in power and precision from most other shavers on the market and that is reflected in its top of the range price.
You will see from the user reviews below that buyers are more than willing to pay the premium price for the excellent results they are getting with this shaver.
Appearance and Accessories
The Panasonic ES-LV81-K Shaver is a very stylish all-black color with its 5-bladed head perched on top of a tapering handle that allows an easy and comfortable grip, as per normal with the high-end Panasonic units.
On the front of the handle is a blue-colored LCD. It measures around 6.3 inches (h) x 2.8 inches (w) x 2 inches (d) and weighs around 7 ounces.
This model comes equipped with its cleaning and charging kit and a convenient travel case.
- Quick lift arc foil and an ultra-thin outer foil on a pivoting head.
- It features FIVE 30 degree Nanotec finishing blades for a close comfortable shave on the first pass.
- A multi-flex pivot action shaving head that allows you to turn the shaver any way while still remaining comfortable and irritation-free on the skin.
- The expanded cutting area of this shaver spreads the pressure and reduces friction and irritation to the skin.
- It uses the sharpest blades available on the market.
- It uses the Panasonic linear motor – the fastest motor around at 14,000 RPM – to tackle even the thickest beards. Most razors operate at 8,000 – 10,000 RPM, which can cause tugging and pulling of hairs.
- Option to use it wet or dry. It can be used to shave in the shower – the stream of hot water opens up the pores, making it easier to remove hair.
- Features an LCD display that shows the battery level in 10 steps, so you know when it should be charged. There is also a light that indicates when cleaning is required.
- A pop-up trimmer allows you to straighten up your sideburns and mustache.
- 5 minute quick charge option.
- 14-day battery life per 1-hour charge.
- Automatic voltage conversion – so it can be used overseas without any problems.
- Switch-lock button to prevent unit from going on accidentally.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Cleaning is very easy with this shaver. Its automatic cleaning and charging system does it all at the press of a button, using a hygienic, alcohol-free solution and removes all stubble and debris.
The Panasonic Arc 5 ES-LV81-K Shaver will be priced at around $599 in most stores across the country. Online that price may come down but it is a relatively new unit, so prices are still a little high.
The Panasonic Arc 5 ES-LV81-K shaver comes with a 2-year warranty.
The Panasonic Arc 5 ES-LV81-K Shaver is one of the latest models, but has already received some rave reviews. Some claim it to be the closest possible shave from an electric shaver.
The exceptionally close shave is backed up by the power that means there’s no pulling of hairs and also the comfort of the expanded foil surfaces to catch the maximum amount of hair first time – thereby reducing soreness or razor burn to an absolute minimum, if at all.
The battery seems to last well on a full charge and users also like the quick charge option with this model.
One of the main negatives seems to be that you can’t use it when plugged into the mains – so make sure you remember to charge it; you are reminded when you switch the shaver off what percentage of battery life remains, which is useful.
This shaver would certainly be near the top of most peoples top ten electric shavers list…..